Friday, July 8, 2011

My Semi-Annual Running Update

RACES I've put in since my last post:

1. Solstice 10 Miler: 65:10 for 20th place (6:31 pace)
2. Blue Ribbon MIU 5K: 18:46 for 12th place (6:02 pace, 5:45 first mile)

(Three week break in here for health reasons)

3. Grosse Ile 5K on Memorial Day: 19:19 for 10th place (6:13 pace)
4. Stony Creek Back to the Beach Half Marathon: 1:36:35 for 14th place (last 5k was 26:35 strangely) (This race was over about three miles in, just didn't have my head in the game)
5. Cinco De Mayo 5K: 20:01 the day after a PR in the Half, I'll take it.
6. Let's Move Mt. Clemens Half Marathon: 1:28:46 for 12th place. New PR (6:46 pace, course measured .1 long according to everyone with a GPS)
7. Martian "HALF": 1:32:43, course proved to be 13.5 miles, but they "adjusted" to 13.4 (6:55 pace according to them)
8. Rock CF Rivers Half Marathon: 1:33:54 for 52 place overall, (7:10 pace, ran it with JeffMac to get him sub 1:35, felt like a walk in the park relatively speaking)
9. Riverview 4 Miler: 27:40 for 31st place overall. (6:54 pace, at this point in time, I thought I was running Glass City, and the run was sandwiched between a 4 mile WU/CD, and was a controlled "tempo")
10. Lifetime Fitness Indoor Duathlon: 15 minutes covering 2.43 miles (6:10 pace), then 30 mins on a spin bike covering 16.3 miles (could have gone faster), then 15 minutes covering 2.32 miles (6:28 pace). (5 minute rest between each event, it was rough getting back upstairs after the bike)

Next "BIG" race is most likely the Detroit Free Press Half. With the Solstice 10 Miler feeling good on rolling hills at 6:31 pace, if I can continue to make improvements until October, perhaps 1:25:00 is no longer just a distant idea, and more like an actual plan.

No comments: