Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So I took that second week off, and put in a helluva bike ride on a super hot day. I fooled myself into thinking that there was a cool breeze. Thank god I found numerous locations to refill my water bottles. 95.9 miles later I was back home and feeling great...Felt fine later in the day. Knew I'd be ready to go for the Group Run on Thursday (8/5/11) and as time would tell, I was ready for it, running 6:50 pace for 6....and having it feel like 7:50 pace. 1 Mile Warm Up, 2 Mile cool down.
Two days later though... my quads were sore. I don't get sore from running. What was this "new" feeling? I guess that feeling either came from the ride five days back, or the 6 mile run at what used to be "race pace" for the HALF.

Friday the 6th I stood on my feet for about 10 hours or longer, wearing the wrong shoes (thin sandals)...worked the Expo for the Heart of Detroit 5K/10K/1MI races.

Saturday the 7th I ran about 2 miles, nice leisurely pace at first, then had to double back and get ready quickly. 15:00 overall I believe

Sunday was a nice 12 mile run at 8Min pace. Hydration was the key factor.

No comments: