Friday, June 1, 2007

Dodge Park 5K (June 1st)

This was an interesting race. The sun was beating down on everyone, and the humidity made it feel like someone was squeezing your lungs. I guess when a fun run has an ambulance stationed at the finish line, you kind of know what to expect for that day.

Cutting to the chase:

Mile 1: 5:49, felt great, but knew I wouldn't hold that pace for the entire time, immediately backed off.

Mile 2: 6:22 I guess I backed off a lot. Felt great, but realized this pace wasn't going to get me a gold medal (not that they were giving those out)

Mile 3: 6:08 Felt nice, the heat and humidity bore down on everyone, so all times were slow.

Overall time: 19:08 (no sprint to the finish, just kept last mile pace going)

Not a bad time considering all the heavy lifting performed the day before helping Jim move his stuff. Actually I don't think any of that had an effect on me. It was a great race overall, a nice way to end my short distance season....marathon training starts Monday.

No comments: