Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Rochester Heritage 5K

Last year's time was 21:02

It would be nice to take at least one minute off of that time, if not two. This coming Saturday should be a good test of where I'm at physically. I intend on pushing myself HARD the first mile and as hard as possible the last mile. If I can hold on to a decent pace I'll be happy. If I can go 6:00, 6:05, 5:30, I'll be a happy camper. Those splits would give me a real chance at sprinting in to a sub 18 time. I've already hit my goal of sub 19 for 2007. I've only got two more legitimate races before I effectively cut myself off from 5K training. Then it's backing off to 6:20 pace for my speed work, and 7:20 pace or slower for my everyday runs. Tempo runs will be at 6:50. The goal is to be ready for 6:52 pace for Chicago, but build in 7:15 recovery pace, to ensure that I make my BQ.

That all starts the week of June 3rd.

No comments: